**This special offer is no longer available**
This special two-for-one offer of train tickets to Strasbourg, available between 21-25 January 2019, times well for a winter boost, as you can use it to travel between 08 February and 31 March. Forget your notions of Strasbourg being all European parliament and bureaucracy. This is a city where you can celebrate Valentine’s Day in style. Its Grande-Île medieval area, for example, boasts world-class restaurants, particularly in La Petite France. Take a springtime stroll in Parc de l’Orangerie, just one of many of the city’s parks or cycle along the ancient streets, canals and riverfront using the Vélhop city bike scheme.
This special offer applies to one-way fares, but of course you can book both directions. When you get to Strasbourg and discover all its underrated urban charms, you may not want to come back anyway.
You can take a high-speed train to Strasbourg from various places in France, in order to make the most of this special offer:
- Paris to Strasbourg: It takes only 1hr 45 mins to travel by high-speed train from Paris to Strasbourg.
- Lille to Strasbourg: Journey time from Lille is 2 hrs 45 mins.
- Bordeaux to Strasbourg: A touch under 6 hrs for this 750km west to east journey.
- Nantes to Strasbourg: From Nantes, it takes 4 hrs 48 mins by train to Strasbourg
- Rennes to Strasbourg: Travel from Rennes, the Breton capital, to the Alsatian capital of Strasbourg in 4 hrs 42 mins.
Photo credits: House tanners, Petite France district. Strasbourg, France iStock ©g215
Rhine Valley rail trip
The Rhine River must be one of the most elegant arteries winding its way through Europe. Read more about rambling, romance and rail travel in Germany's Rhine Valley.
Homage to slow
We recommend a change in life that can have an impact on everything you do. Embrace the slow movement. In mind, body, spirit and, of course, in travel.