Rail Europe is a fast-growing company based in London, with a vision to make overland travelling simpler and more accessible than ever before. We’re based in shiny headquarters near Old Street and lots of our team works remotely.
We’re looking for driven, talented and energetic people from diverse backgrounds who are committed to our core values: integrity, trust & transparency, honesty, open communication, respect towards people and the environment, diversity and inclusiveness.
During a Rail Europe career, you can experience different roles, responsibilities and functions. You’ll experience a fast-growing start-up, with the security of being part of a larger organisation, as we’re part of the Oui.SNCF group.
Rail Europe’s success has always been built on trust, empathy and shared knowledge.
Why Rail Europe?
We are committed to providing employees with high-quality working conditions while promoting equality, respect and reliability.
At Rail Europe
- We respect the uniqueness and intrinsic value of every individual
- Our working environment respects Human Rights and is free of discrimination, harassment, bullying or victimization of any kind
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all members of staff
- We evaluate performance objectively and constructively
We offer competitive pay and benefits including:
- Remote-friendly culture
- Family-friendly policies
- Flexible working hours
- Generous and flexible holiday entitlement - including extra time off for train-based holidays
- Breakfast, fresh fruit and grandmother-approved snacks available in the office as we promote a healthy lifestyle
- Regular lunch and learns and annual retreats
Recruitment and selection process
The procedure may vary, depending on the vacancy and whether you are applying for a general or a specialised role.
We use online assessments to measure job skills, reasoning and problem-solving. For most of our online assessments, we anonymise responses in order to mitigate unconscious bias and ensure fairness.
They also measure the ability to apply knowledge to work-related situations based on each role specification. These situations may include:
- Coding challenge
- Written reports, written data and facts and logically deriving conclusions from them
- Using financial outcomes or performance figures to make effective decisions
- Other case studies
We use structured interviews to measure job-related competencies based on past experience. Structured interviews are more personal than other assessment methods and help us ensure that all candidates are assessed accurately and consistently.
How to apply
At Rail Europe, we recruit based on merit and we are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation. We encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, and other protected characteristics.
Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, outlining your skills and experience and answering the questions given in the job ad.
Rail Europe is committed to protecting your information, by using appropriate technical, administrative and physical security measures.
What personal data we collect
We may collect, record and use your personal data in physical and electronic form, and will hold, use and otherwise process that data in line with the Data Protection Legislation and as set out in this statement.
Protecting your personal data
We use a range of measures to ensure we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These include:
- Ensuring that our relevant staff are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data
- Administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data to a ‘need to know’ basis
- Technological security measures, including anti-virus software; and physical security measures, such as restricted access to our premises
- The transmission of data over the internet (including by email) is never completely secure. So although we use appropriate measures to try to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We seek to ensure that we only keep your personal data for:
- The period necessary for the relevant activity or services
- Any retention period that is required by law